Miss Lily certainly took her sweet little time getting here... Her due date was Feb. 17th, and at my doctor's visit that day I was begging to be induced! I was getting larger and more uncomfortable with each passing day. Dr. Marino's next day on call was Saturday, Feb. 20th, so we decided on 7:00 that morning!
Here's the Reader's Digest version of our incredible day:
We arrived at the hospital at 6:45, which you understand if you know my oh-so-prompt husband. We started the pitocin at around 8:15, had an epidural around 1:00ish, and broke the water around 2:00ish. Somehow between 5:30 and 6:00 I went from being 6cm to 9cm... things were finally happening! At 6:30 it was TIME to push! I knew it! I told the nurses to find the doctor and FAST so my poor baby wouldn't plop right out onto the floor. But my doctor couldn't come! Just so happens, he was in an emergency C-section in the O.R. down the hall! Somehow there were 4 women in labor and ready to deliver all within a couple of hours of each other and I was lucky enough to be one of them. The anesthesiologist was sent to my room to up my dose... after which I was totally numb! Total relief! Dr. Marino finished up with the emergency case after what seemed like days and made his way to our LDR suite. After pushing for almost 2 HOURS our little miss priss made her debut!
Our First Photo as a Family of Three!
I have a ton of pictures from her first couple of weeks at home, which I'll post soon. I just wanted to get a few up from the birth! I can't believe it took me so long to finally sit down and get this up! Coming Soon... Lily meets her furry siblings & visits from friends & family

No comments:
Post a Comment