
After my second acupuncture treatment in about 2 weeks, I am pleased to report that I am feeling a drastic improvement in several areas: headaches, sleeping patterns, energy, and mood. For those of you who know about my headaches, you realize how HUGE this is for me considering that I had an almost constant headache for the first 16 weeks of this pregnancy. After going through several bottles of Tylenol, a prescription from the OB that provided only a little more relief than the Tylenol did, and several trips to the Chiropractor, I was referred by the OB to a Neurologist. After waiting almost a month for the Neurology appointment, I left the Neurologist's office in tears after I learned less from him during the consult than in my tenth-grade health class. Drink 8 glasses of water a day, walk a little each afternoon, and sleep 8 hours a night? THIS is what you are being paid a six-figure salary for??? You've gotta be kidding me!
After I felt like I had tried everything under the sun, including a humidifier, a Neti-Pot (one of those genie-lamp looking pots that you pour salt water in one nostril and it comes out the other to flush allergens from your sinuses) and every remedy in between, someone recommended ACUPUNCTURE to me. Sounds crazy, huh? So I asked my OB what he thought, and he was all for it, especially after hearing me whine at each prenatal visit about all these stinkin' headaches.
Lo and behold, between acupuncture sessions #1 and #2, I've only had about half a dozen or so headaches, and not nearly as severe as before! Success? I think so! The first visit was a little, shall we say, different, but this second time I was able to relax a bit more. Despite resembling a human pin-cushion, the soothing music and the sound of the rain outside all but put me to sleep! Believe it or not it actually doesn't hurt! The needles are so tiny- about the width of a hair.
So for those of you suffering with any ailment, I highly recommend acupuncture. If you are in the Auburn area, Paula Lord is your gal! She is very knowledgeable and personable, check out her website: www.acupunctureforsouthernliving.com Tell her I sent you, maybe I'll get a discount at my next appointment or something :)

No comments:
Post a Comment