I would be remiss if I neglected to mention in my updates the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. I can't believe that we were lucky enough to go to this once-in-a-lifetime event! Granted, it counted as our Christmas, Valentine's Day, and every other holiday presents to each other, but it was SO WORTH IT! We had an absolute blast! What we did miss was a pretty nasty winter storm that went through Auburn (not to mention the entire Eastern seaboard) and many people had travel troubles either getting out to the game or getting back. We got LUCKY. Once again. We flew out of Phoenix to Ft.Lauderdale (a quick thanks to my smartie hubs who reminded me NOT to book a connection flight in cities such as Minneapolis, Denver, or anywhere that could potentially have weather delays) and got to Ft.Lauderdale to find that our flight to ATL was CANCELED. We were able, however, to fly standby later that evening. Much unlike many other horror travel stories from friends, such as getting to St.Louis and having to rent a car and DRIVE to ATLANTA- whew! (Still very sorry for Bill & Cat!) Although it was a whirlwind trip, Catherine and I did get to enjoy HOUR AND A HALF Massages the day before, at a great Spa I found about a block from our hotel. I have to say, it's nice to be in a career that you can write off Spa treatments as Research & Development. :) Before I digress even more, here are a few pictures.
John and I at the restaurant before the game
A few of our group from inside the stadium (can you tell we were just a little bit excited?)
The Final Score!

No comments:
Post a Comment